We acquire and align with
Chrysalis successfully launched the Chrysalis Acquisition Fund I with the backing of institutional investors, family offices and high net worth investors as a potential solution for the owners of the $3.7 trillion of small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) anticipated to seek liquidity and ownership transition in Canada over the next decade.
The Chrysalis Acquisition Fund I acquires majority ownership positions in fundamentally strong private companies and plays a pivotal role in facilitating ownership transition for founding owners, major shareholders and management teams.
Our approach is to apply our broad business skillsets and expertise to acquire control positions in SMEs headquartered in Western Canada that satisfy a rigorous set of criteria. In turn, we will align with the incumbent management team to unlock latent value and pursue growth through operational enhancement, organic expansion and follow-on acquisitions.
What We Look For
- Profitable and scalable Western Canadian businesses
- Demonstrated competitive advantages
- Meaningful and defensible market share
- Experienced and capable management teams
- Readily identified value enhancements
Key Acquisition Criteria
- 3 years continuous profitability
- $1 million to $10 million EBITDA
- $10 million to $50 million enterprise value
- Strong balance sheet and cash flow
- Opportunity to acquire majority ownership
Chrysalis makes business happen.